Vintage Unlabled Victorian Era Violin with Case
This vintage unlabeled violin is quite the interesting find. We're calling it the Starflower Fiddle.
- The violin itself is unlabeled, but we believe it to be of late 19th Century make.
- The tailpiece is a new plastic one with 4 fine tuners.
- The chin rest appears to be an older Bakelite one.
- A second line of purfling appears to have been added sometime after the original construction.
- The star/flower on the back is purfling also, possibly done my an apprentice, which would explain the lack of a label or signature.
- Three of the tuning pegs have a MOP dot in the center, while one has a rhinestone.