The Loar LM520VS Hand-Carved F-Body Mandolin Sunburst
This The Loar mandolin is in Very Good Condition. There are a couple of very minor marks in the finish, but there are two issues that need to be pointed out.
1. This mando has had a Florida-ectomy. The last little but of extended fingerboard has been lopped off. Looks like it was well done surgery; the only thing you're missing is the ability to play ridiculously high-pitched notes.
2. The paint on the body beneath where the Florida sat is a bit wrinkly... oddly like my fingers at the end of a long bath (see pics).
This is a fully carved instrument for 400 bucks and it is well-made.
- Solid hand carved Spruce top
- Solid hand carved maple back and sides
- Maple v-neck
- Bound Rosewood fingerboard
- M.O.P Logo
- Grover tuners with pearloid buttons.