SOLD Gibson Les Paul Custom 1978 Sunburst With Original "Chainsaw" Hardshell Case
This is a 1978 Les Paul Custom in 2 color sunburst with a white binding. it has a one-piece mahogany body with a one-piece maple top. Maple neck with ebony fretboard and Kluson tuners. It features the "Fretless Wonder" ground down frets original from the factory. It has the original "chainsaw" hard shell case. This guitar had one owner. The neck pickup was replaced with a period-correct T-top pickup, other than that it is all original to the best of our knowledge. It is missing the pick guard, as well as the pickup covers and shows signs of wear to the finish on the neck, the upper bout of the body and where the neck meets the body. There is also a bit of belt rash on the back. This is a guitar that was lovingly cared for, but played LOTS. Despite its cosmetic imperfections, it is a fine instrument.
- Body: 1 peice mahogany with 1 peice maple top
- Neck: Maple with Ebony fretboard
- Tuners: original Kluson
- Pickups: original bridge T-top humbucker and period-correct neck T-top neck humbucker
- 2-color sunburst
- missing pickup covers and pick guard
- original chainsaw hardshell case with red lining included
Please contact us if you have any questions.